Friday, July 11, 2008

Mango Madness





This month for Enrichment Night, someone came up with the idea of "Mango Madness". What might that be you ask? Here in the "country" side of Oahu, we actually have mango trees. On our small street alone, we have two. These aren't your little 10 foot trees, these are HUGE trees that are full of fruit.





Hard to believe, but there are actually parts of this island where you can't plant mangos!














So anyway, back to EN. We thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite mango recipes. This week I've been working on putting those recipes, and a few others, into a little cookbook~ Mango Madness. There are the obvious ones like, Mango Bread, Mango Pie, you get the idea.I'm not sure about Mango Quesadillas, but MangoSalsa sounded great.


Here's a little poem my neighbor girls did for the back of the cookbook.

Mouth watering
Always yummy
Never is gross
Great to be shared
Outstanding taste




So enjoy a few pics of this, the King of Fruits and the bounty of summer in the country.
Aloha, a hui hou
Jane

5 comments:

Mishel said...

I love mangos! And I love the mango song too! : )

Ashleigh Baker said...

Mm, I've had mango salsa before! Yummy!!

ExploreColorado said...

Mangos are my one of my favorites. I even tried to grow a mango from the seed. It didn't work. I've had more "luck" with avacados. It must be fun having that many mangos around.
Vickie

queenieweenie said...

okay...you've gotta post the recipes!

ashley said...

ok, i could have sworn i commented on this post... don't know what happened!

anyways, mangos are sooo amazingly good. the tree at our house had 7 this year. 7. so sad!