Monday, October 13, 2014

Influenza...


the night of my last post (almost a month ago), I
got sick...
with everything in this cartoon.
It hit me that night and I laid in bed for 9 days suffering with it.
At the mid point, I drove myself to the ER early in the am, because
I was sure I had pneumonia (which I've had before).
I came away with a diagnosis...influenza.
They did ask me if I'd traveled outside the country (ebola?).
I was put on a strong antibiotic to prevent pneumonia, since I
was a prime candidate.  It was a case of the cure almost being worse
than the disease...nausea, etc.

I had a trip planned for the mainland and needed to get well.
I was finally released on the monday before and so while I've been here
I've tried to take it easy since apparently a relapse can happen.

Since hubby was gone for those 9 days, Arlette stopped by every morning to check on
me.  My dear neighbors brought diet coke (I couldn't drink it) and pho.

Ive always gotten a flu shot just to avoid this, but hadn't gotten it yet.
Both the hospital and dr told me it was early in the flu season to have such 
a bad case, but they'd been seeing some.

So I think I'm actually back to the living after this trip to SC and
the milder temps and cooler ocean breezes that have been 
gone at home.

1 comment:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Well that sounds awful and rather scary too. I am pleased that you have pulled through and can live your life again.