Friday, September 12, 2014

Kahuku Sweet Corn...

it's been so hot the last few weeks.  Heat & humidity don't make cooking an easy task.
We've been eating very light meals when we don't escape to Luibuenos or
some other air conditioned place.
I decided that we could just have baked yams and maybe a salad tonight for dinner.
It was still early when I left school, so I decided to drive up to Kahuku for some
corn.
There's always a chance that the stand won't be open...
I was so excited as I came around the curve and saw the yellow flag up!
They came up with this signal a few years ago and it does help.


We've been buying corn from them for years and have some mutual friends.
So I like to "talk story" with her when I stop


this corn is grown right behind the stand.  They try to grow it year round now.
It's the sweetest, juiciest corn ever.
Well worth the pretty drive to Kahuku
I was lucky today, they were selling out and about ready to close.

We loved our easy summer dinner, sweet corn & yams!

No comments: