Friday, September 27, 2013

5-0 in the Hood...

Wednesday morning these signs went up all along Kaukonahua...
a sign that Hawaii 5-0 would probably be filming.
I'd actually thought that they might be in the cane fields across the street.
I didn't think they were going to use the market because there weren't
any signs that Chris was going to be closed.



then Thursday morning, 
this is what was going on...they were going to use the old theater/Oils of Aloha/ice cream factory
building.

they were spray painting stuff on the building.

then in the afternoon,
this is what I came home to...
it was crazy!
BTW in this photo, middle, bottom, a guy with dark shirt
and his left leg is out with his back facing me, that's the star, 
Alex O'Loughlin.  He was standing in the shade with his cell phone.
It's pretty crazy with all the security, HPD holding traffic, then directing it.

I wanted a DC, so I pulled into the market, but it was closed...
guess it's just too crazy with all those people everywhere.

so I came back around to go to 7/11 and saw this...
people dressed up in something...
I couldn't stop to ask or take more photos.


probably the most curious thing is what are they doing with 
the horses!
they had been tied up in front of the building.

It's always interesting to see what these places are supposed to be.

in LOST the market was in Iowa
around mill camp and that area was Africa...
I would bet that this is not going to be Paalakai/Waialua

when I turned the corner to come down the street...
they had all those HUGE trucks on the road with guys directing
traffic and a guy in cowboy gear...
hummmm.

last night was also "Sunset on the Beach" in Waikiki.
This has become a tradition that was started with LOST.
They show the first episode of the show on the big movie screen
down on the beach.
We've gone a couple of times.  Not so much to see the show, but to see
the stars...a real red carpet event, Hawaiian style.

No comments: