Thursday, July 18, 2013

Waimea...

I went to Waimea to buy tickets for a concert that going to be 
there in a couple of weeks.

I got there right when they opened, so I ran into...


three of my most favorite people in the world,
Coco, Aunty Kanani and sweet Marisa.
All three of them are working at Waimea
and I was so happy I got to talk story with them for awhile before they got
super busy.


 Since Marisa is the food manager, she asked me if I wanted to take a ride with her
out to one of the sites to drop of the cute worker and the supplies.

It's hard to believe, but I've never been far back into the canyon, so
I jumped at the chance.

We dropped the girl and supplies off and Marisa took me out by the waterfall.
I only had my phone with me, so these are the best pictures I got.

lots of people already out there swimming.
There are now life guards and you have to wear a vest, but it still looked like fun,

Marisa took me all around the park looking at the beautiful plants.
Hubby would be in heaven!  He's got so many books on tropical plants that
here they are actually growing.  I want to take him back so he can see them.



 We came across this sign and these little ones...





sweet Marisa showing me her office

how great is that?  I loved it.

I had watched a piece on "Hawaiian Miles" on the plane coming home
a few weeks ago about Waimea.

Marisa, Coco and Aunty Kanani and the other employees chant every morning
before the park opens, asking for permission to work there and to protect the beauty of
this place.

Mahalo Marisa for my little mini-tour of beautiful Waimea Falls.

No comments: