Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Finale Party...


being told by Kirsten that she'd had a dream that I'd had a
"Downton Abby" viewing party led to a spur of the moment 
party.  A lot of friends I heard from after posting on FB said they weren't
caught up, so they didn't want to spoil it by asking a lot of questions.
So right after church I ran to Safeway (because I figured they had the
most "imported" food that I knew of).  So I cut crust off bread, had gherkins
that hubby said were British, ginger cookies, water biscuits, salt & vinegar chips, ginger ale, sparkling water with lime and a sort of
trifle thing. Not to bad for a quick party!

I even brought out Terry's Scottish granny's sweet tablecloth
(little did I know that part of the episode would take place in Scotland)

yummy open-faced sandwiches with creamy horseradish...
lemon bars and chocolate cupcakes were added to the mix


These two sweets came and we swooned, laughed, re-wound, and finally
cried together in disbelief.

Glad that I got to spend this special night with two such good friends.

I'm going to do a post on the finale when I've recovered a bit.

1 comment:

amynicole said...

So fun to watch it with the girls!