Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Adds To The Craziness...

last Saturday, I didn't go into town for hula.  I had church function
that I wanted to attend, and couldn't be two places at once.
The day started pretty mellow, breakfast at Konos, car wash, no rain, 
etc.
I got to the church and was told that the electricity was out.  I texted 
some of my neighbors and sure enough it was out at our house too.
The Bishop was stuck trying to get to the church but was caught in a
massive traffic jam because of the accident that caused the
power outage that led to the road being closed.  On top
of that it was the day of the "Warrior Dash" out in Mokuleia
and the only road out there was not closed and everyone was 
routed onto Crozier which is 1 1/2 lanes (maybe).  

So the 10+ people trying to get out there now were sitting in stopped traffic 
on both Kam Hiway and Kaukonahua!
Add all the tourist traffic because it was beautiful and Saturday everything
stopped.  I tried to get out Waialua Beach Road to a luncheon, but
after sitting in traffic not moving I turned around and came into Haleiwa.
That's where I came across this...
the big covered bus stop in front of the Post Office and across
from Cafe Haleiwa had come down.  It looked like it
had just fallen over.  Some guys said that no one had been there
so no one was hurt.





today someone told me that a truck had actually hit it and it went over.

After seeing that, needless to say I came home and stayed home
for the rest of the day.  The power finally came on about 2 1/2 hours later,
but I figured it was just a good idea to stay home.

No comments: