Monday, November 26, 2012

WICKED...

The day finally arrived! I'd been waiting months for this day...the day that we'd
get to see my favorite musical, WICKED, here at home!
I'd had the tickets since they went on sale.  I choose Thanksgiving weekend because I knew
for sure that hubby would be home.  I also choose a matinee because we wouldn't have 
the long drive back to the North Shore late at night.

This was my third time seeing it and it was a charm!  I wasn't sure how hubby would
react, would he love it even half as much as I do?  All I told him was that if he 
knew the story of "The Wizard of Oz" he would get this.  

He did!  He really, really did like it!  
He got the story, he got the humor and he even got Galinda's ditz!



I wanted him to be able to really see what was going on.
Interesting fact...since the stage at the Blaisdell is smaller, the sets were scaled smaller...same
only smaller.  I liked it, seemed very intimate.  We could really see their faces and the costumes up
close.



When we picked up the car and came around the corner, we were surprised to 
see the Blaisdell bathed in GREEN!


it was worth the wait that's for sure.  Every time I've seen it there has been
something different... the first time with Traci at the Pantages in LA and the wonder of it all.  The
second time with Bri and Lauren for their first time with Traci and I.
This time getting to experience it with Terry and seeing his awe and wonder.


No comments: