Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy 100th Birthday Girl Scouts...



Today is the 100th Birthday of the Girls Scouts of America.
I was a Girl Scout and a Girl Scout leader and a Brownie Trainer
My daughter was a Girl Scout from a Daisy to Senior Scout, earning a Gold Award
Now my Granddaughter is a scout, starting as a Daisy and now a Junior
The songs, the campouts, the cookies, the friends, the badges
nothing is better than those memories and those valuable life lessons learned.
The Girl Scouts have so many more rules/regulations than the Boy Scouts do,
but many of the same life lessons,

I did a quick search and laughed at the change in the uniforms over the years...

I wore this uniform in Brownies and Juniors (passed on my GS pin to my daughter)
This is like the uniform Traci wore as a Senior.  Not that they actually wore it a lot
Today Lauren wears a vest instead of a sash for the badges 
and the actual uniform can be changed up a little bit.

One thing that hasn't changed in all these years is the badge, just
updated to meet the needs of todays girls.

So Happy Birthday Girl Scouts!
Thanks for the memories!



No comments: