Monday, March 19, 2012

Complete...

The living room at the MH is FINALLY done!  Since there wasn't
any water damage to the living room/dining room we haven't really 
done anything to it.  As time went on we felt like something had to be done.  We'd 
had the carpet cleaned several times but there just seemed to be a lingering
smell or something.
So when I was here last time, I got new drapes and hung them.  The old ones were
so full of dust and dirt, it was gross.
So since I had the time this trip, I made a point of getting something done.  
I picked out carpet, had the room measured then sat on pins and needles waiting 
for it to come from NC.
I wanted to replace the dining room light with something updated.  
Made calls and found someone to install the new light.
So Friday morning I got the call the carpet didn't come in, they would do it Saturday
morning if it didn't rain...then around noon I got a call that they 
were on their way to install it.


 last of the old brass...
 in with the new!!!!
 I went to Anthropolgie and picked out several different knobs ( I couldn't decide
which one I liked more) and Bri installed them.
I spray-painted a gold decorative grate thing on the hutch silver for an cheap update.


 new drapes/rods and carpet
 dining room update with my beloved plumeria print on the wall...thanks Charlotte.

The real test was when Geoff came...
there had been so much dust that he hardly could stand being in there without
breathing/allergy problems.  
So at our St. Pats dinner, he was fine and didn't have to take anything.
We really feel like we got a lot completed this time.  Hubby even hung some 
photos that I had taken and framed.  
All it takes is time.

1 comment:

Just a Girl said...

It looks beautiful, Jane!