Monday, February 6, 2012

Close To Home...



PETER ROTHENBERG, M.D.,M.A.
PETER ROTHENBERG, M.D.,M.A.


                  Today I got an email from Dr. Rothenberg.  I had emailed him about a prescription. 

'... I wanted to tell you we are closing the practice. The changes started by Obama Healthcare and reductions in reimbursement have made it impossible for us to continue to practice medicine the way we want to."

We're so sad about this.  After I read this email, I immediately called him.  I was sobbing and could hear
the hurt in his voice.  He said they had looked at every option, but there just wasn't another way to
continue.  

 He's been my physician for almost 20 years!  He's an excellent doctor that has become
a valued friend over the years.   


Yesterday, there was an article in the Honolulu Star Advertiser about this very subject...
doctors not being able to stay in private practice anymore.


Since hubby is in the medical/healthcare field, he's been talking for 
a long time about the current administrations health care reforms and
what could happen.


Well, it starting to happen and unfortunately for us and Dr. Rothenberg, 
this is way to close to home...


Aloha and Mahalo Dr. Rothenberg


 I don't know for sure where Petaluma is, but I don't think Hawaiian flies there.

No comments: