Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Malaekahana

Hubby and I took a detour into Makaekahana Park.  I'd never been in there and he had, but it
had been many years ago.  This is such a pretty park.
Huge old trees, so there was plenty of shade from the ironwood trees for the camp spots.

You can see the weather wasn't so nice, but such a pretty beach.  This time of the year,
it's pretty windy over there, but still nice.  That's Laie Point off in the distance.

right offshore is Goat Island.  We found out that at a low tide,
you can wade out there, it's a bird sanctuary.


 Plenty of open space for picnicking
Makleakahana, another hidden treasure

2 comments:

amynicole said...

I can't believe that was your first time visiting Malaekahana! It's such a fun place to explore, I'm glad you ventured over there! If you ever walk out to Goats wear sunscreen :) We always wanted to take a picnic out there, but never did....some day :) There is a fun little sandy cove to play and swim in too!

Le Mama! said...

during the summer its great for swimming. I love walking out to goat island too! We spent a lot of summer sundays having picnics after church there. lots of trees and lots of space to run around for the kids! yes I agree...a hidden treasure! one of my favorite places.