Monday, November 28, 2011

The Decendants...


I'd read this book almost two years ago, then found out they were making a movie
from it and I couldn't wait!
Hubby and I went the other day.  He thought it was going to be a "chick flick", but came
away loving it as much as I did.
Loved the opening voice over...that's a true picture of living here.
The director got it right...leaving shoes outside the door, gecko sounds, goats, even the
old kamaaina house decor.
Sometimes I think "local" audiences are the hardest to please.  There are so
many wrong depictions of Hawaii...we can appreciate when someone actually
gets it right. Not often movie audiences clap throughout a movie.

So, if you'd like to see a great movie about modern Hawaii, this is the one.
*the girl's language can be rough*
also loved the soundtrack, pure Gabby.

1 comment:

Artsy Aut said...

I will have to check this out! Looks great. Cant go wrong with George Clooney!