Thursday, October 21, 2010

Peg and David

(I just found these pictures when I was looking for something else)
Many, many months ago our dear friend Peg called and was asking me about some hotels, etc for August in Waikiki.  As it got closer to the time and during one of our phone conversations, I realized she wasn't coming with her sister but her "special" friend, David. 
So hubby and I went to pick them up (after about a two hour delay leaving LAX).  While waiting for their bags, Peg asked me to save a date in February 2011. Needless to say this was all very exciting!!!
 So while they were here, hubby and I (mostly me) made a lot of trips into Waikiki.  As part of the whole Waikiki experience we ate Hula Pie on the beach.  We couldn't even remember the last time we had done that!
 We went to some of our favorite places, the Counter, which he said was the "best burger he'd ever had". David was game for anything!  That made it so fun.
 Unfortunately, they also spent what seemed like a lot of time at Straub Hospital. 
I had to take a picture, even though it does look like their having way too much fun!
 For my birthday we went to The Willows.  Had a great dinner.  During their stay here in Hawaii, hubby and I were trying to convince them to just go ahead and get married here.  So much cheaper, they were already here, etc, etc, etc.  One of their kids had wanted them to wait a year!!!! What? When you're our ages, a year is way too long to wait for anything!
So at the Willows they pretended to "tie the knot".  Peg and I planned a way to put it on Facebook that we know probably gave the girls a fright!
Congrats Peg and David, we can't wait for the "real" deal.

No comments: