Friday, October 8, 2010

Ken's


It took me about 6 months after moving here to find someone to cut my hair.  I started going up to Wahiawa, but the drive (all of 10 miles) and trying to get in just wasn't something I wanted to deal with.
I started asking people who also had short hair, who cut their hair and almost everyone said "Ken".
Now on a monthly basis I give him a call and he tells me when to come in, "can you come right now" or "come in an hour".  Ken cracks me up.  He's a wealth of information about the goings on here on the North Shore. 
 The waiting area...everyone turns into a friend out there.
 It's worth a summer haircut just to get into the airconditioning!
 Ken himself.  Always with a smile
The best haircut I've ever gotten comes from this little shop in Haleiwa!

1 comment:

Le Mama! said...

I'm still trying to find someone that can thin my hair out really well. Its growing out fast and its getting so heavy. I'd go back to short but then i'd go broke having to trim it every month. Thank goodness maafu cuts his own hair! Anyway, we haven't talked FOREVER! seems our lives have both been busy huh? Maafu is REALLY busy. But we need to get together soon. Just to say hi for a bit and catch up. If I don't talk to you soon we'll hopefully see you on Sunday!