Sunday, August 8, 2010

Na Hula 2010

Another year of Na Hula is over with. This is the longest running (since 1941) non-competitive hula festival in the state. Everyone put in so much work to make this happen.
Even before we dance, there is a lot going on downstairs...tying leis, getting dresses and putting on our lei po'o. I can actually say in all honestly, I had a GREAT time! It was fun and rewarding. After so many hours of hula practice, a lot of Ibeprofin, I can say I was proud of us.



Makaleka performing her solo. She put in so many hours to make this happen. Hope she was proud of us.


Ms. Alama being introduced after the show. She and her sister have taken part in Na Hula since 1941. Amazing!



A huge Mahalo to everyone that came to support me. I really do appreciate it. Thank you to all my friends that traveled from Waialua and friends who came down from Waikiki (time away from beachn' it).
I love and appreciate you all.




2 comments:

Le Mama! said...

you look fab! I wish I had come! I thought about it then I thought how Ofa would go crazy with all the excitment. Next time I'll get a sitter because it looks really fun! Congrats on another year of hard work!

ExploreColorado said...

Sure does look like fun.