Sunday, April 13, 2008

The MH


Bet you're wondering what's the MH? Ever since Terry aquired his parent's mobile home as part of the trust settlement...we didn't know what to call it. It's not a condo, it's not a house (bigger than our home, though), it's not a trailer... the correct term, as we've found out is "mobile home". Just too long, confusing and it's not mobile! So now we just call it the "MH".
Even Jack and Lauren are calling it that now.



The day that hubby took posession, we stripped off wallpaper and started painting. If hubby was going to be there two weeks a month, we were going to make it ours. The first two months, the only furniture we had were things that our kids gave back to us after their years of use! Strange feeling to be getting used furniture from our kids. We did buy a bed like we have at home because a good nights' sleep is a must!








You have to appreciate that the MH is probably double the size of our hawaii hale. When I was there the first time in March, I had wanted to buy some furniture, but because of being sick, that was put on hold. When I went back a week later, I was feeling better and went a little crazy!



The day that Lauren and I had lunch together, we stopped in Pottery Barn. There on the floor was the perfect sofa! To make it even more perfect, it was more than half off. For those of you who know Pottery Barn, this was a huge bargin. So with the help of son and son-in-law and daughter and daughter-in-laws expert advice, we suddenly found ourselves with a new white sofa!








Since this seasons BIG color is green, I got the pillows. I was so pleased and could hardly wait to show hubby the pics I'd been taking. Cruzin' WalMart late one night, I found the perfect table...not only was it the perfect size and color, but the $$ of $25.00 made it even more perfect~ Now I was on a roll. Since the store that I bought the sofa at didn't have the chair that I'd always loved...I was on a mission to find it.



After going on the internet and calling the Pottery Barn stores in the area, I found one. I begged daughter to please, please, please take me (I just knew it would fit in the back of her van). So after dropping Lauren off at school, buying her a Starbucks we were off to South Coast Plaza with Jack. Sure enough, they had the chair un-boxed and ready to go. Got one more "perfect green" pillow and we were off.


Since these pictures were taken and hubby has been there working, the bedroom is now painted to match the spread, he bought a flat screen tv and even went to Crate & Barrel and got an entertainment center for it.








So next time I go, I'll be taking some pictures for the walls, and little things to help the MH become more of a home-away-from-home.


Aloha and a hui hou,
Jane

1 comment:

Ashleigh Baker said...

We made a "just before closing time" trip to that Pottery Barn in December so my mom could get the Perfect Lamp. She ended up discovering the Perfect Chair and going back to get it later. They have some awesome stuff! I love the couch--especially those green pillows!! The MH is looking great!