Monday, December 8, 2014

Pearl Harbor...

Yesterday was Pearl Harbor Day.
December 7th, a day that should never be forgotten.
I have to admit that I think of that day maybe once a week when I drive into
town.  I'm on the freeway, but can see the actual harbor from there.

Our storage unit is actually in Pearl City, right across from Pearl Harbor.
One day when I was done putting things in there, I drove across the street
to the park that's on the Pearl City side.  I'd never seen the Harbor from this angle
before.

this photo is looking directly across at Ford Island

looking south towards the Ford Island Bridge and the Arizona Memorial

turned the opposite way and looking Ewa

That day I stood there and thought about everything that happened on that day.
I'm glad that every week (sometimes more) I have the opportunity  to remember
and be thankful for this country and never take Pearl Harbor for granted.

No comments: