Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Kupuna Day...

about a month ago our neighbor, Ed, wanted to know if I'd be interested in
going to Kupuna (grandparent or elder) Day at his kids school.  Of course I said yes!
We've know Sujung and Eduardo since before they were born so I was looking forward to
spending some time with them.
When Su brought down the invitation, I asked about going out to lunch afterwards
and what some of her favorite places were.  

Since I've gone to "Grandparent's Day" at Jack and Lauren's school one thing
I knew for sure was to get there early! Kupuna like to be early.  I had to sit in the 
front row in the sun, but was glad that I wore my hat.

Several of the classes performed songs,



the kids presented a lei,

and hula.

after the performances it was time for classroom visits and treats…
I always have to check out the desk to see how clean they are!
Su and I worked on a cute "then and now" question sheet.







we made a visit to the book fair…Su got books, Eduardo didn't (he's such a boy, a flyswatter) 



The class visits ended early and it wasn't clear what time recess would be, so we left for lunch.
I'd been thinking about where to take them for lunch, someplace in Kapolei or Kunia but I had
wanted it to be special…so we headed to MY special place…
Duke's Waikiki.

The kids had never been there before and had a great time!
Wardo loved that they had grilled cheese on the kids menu and Su
was very grown up going through the buffet line herself!



when they said they wanted dessert…Su said she wanted Hula Pie
and was shocked at how big it was!



she made quite a dent in it!  This is even after going through
the buffet line twice!

I was so thankful that I got to spend so much time with these two 
special kiddos…
since three days later, they left our street and moved into a new house
on the other side of the island.

Mahalo again Susu and Wardo for inviting me…
love you two.

No comments: