Friday, November 1, 2013

Sushi On Parade...

at Waialua Elementary we do a costume parade the last 45 minutes of school on
Halloween.  Parents come, kids are excited and the staff dress up.
Arlette called me last week at home and said she needed to come over.
2nd grade had been talking about their costumes and wanted to be sushi.
I told her I would do it, if she came and helped with the ironing, so...

Arlette and I figured out what we'd need and she bought it all.
So Monday after school we went to work.  I didn't take any photos
of the two days that we worked on them.  We went into my craft/sewing stash...

adding details to the sushi


the head-pieces were shower scrunchies for the washable, pink fabric scraps for the
ginger, paper fake grass, shoyu packets and chopsticks







Eugene was such a good sport,
his was the egg


Betty had the salmon

Arlette was the shrimp (complete with a tail)



Cammie was the ahi

Heidi came back to be sushi with 2nd grade
and she was the fish egg







I loved the sushi on parade
and so did all the kids!
2nd grade you rock!

No comments: