Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Crack Seed Store...

for over 70 years this little, tiny store has been open in Kaimuki.
Last week there was a story on the news about it and the man that has
owned it for 35 years.  So at school we made a list for me to 
pickup after hula.  Since I go to Kaimuki once a week this 
was easy.
Everyone had their favorite.  My hula sisters told me the best parking, so
I went the couple of blocks and felt like I was stepping back in time...





my favorite…rock salt plum!
it really was the best I'd ever had…the perfect combo of sweet, salty, wet…


as I waited in line (it was out the door by the time I left) I took a look around.
I'm sure 70 years ago they didn't have Icees or Diet Coke dispensers, but everything
else seemed the same.
The owner (only one working) thanked me for coming all the way from Waialua, but
I felt I should be thanking him for this yummy, so Hawaii, step back in time.

No comments: