Friday, September 21, 2012

Space Shuttle Endeavour...

Last night I decided that I really wanted to see the space shuttle Endeavour
fly over So. Cal.  Everything that we looked at showed that Disneyland
was the one place in Orange County it was definitely going to fly over.
I had thought about Huntington Beach, but figured that Disneyland parking 
garage would be high enough.
It didn't take me too long to get up there at about 8:30 am.  I got a great parking spot
and joined about 250 people.  I had taken a chair and had some shade to sit back and
wait.  About an hour before the crowd was probably 1000's.


People were lined up on the roofs of buildings.


Thank goodness there were cell phones, because we were able to track it's flight and
knew when we should start looking north east.  It was't long before...







It was spectacular!  People cheering, screaming and waving.  I was shocked 
how low and slow it was.
I did feel a little choked up, it really was an end of an era.  I'm of that
age that remembers listening to the space launch of Sputnik during classes in high school.
I'm so glad I was here and able to experience this piece of history.

No comments: