Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Small Kine Hoike...

Our neighbor, SuSu started taking hula.  Her dad stopped me when I was leaving
for hula and said she was doing a hoike in Haleiwa.  So I left hula early and rushed
back out here so I could see it.
I'm sure this was her first one and I could tell she was a little nervous.
She, and all the girls, did a great job!  I could tell she knew all of her songs and
the motions that went with them.



They were dancing "My Yellow Ginger Lei", and I love their
little hands showing the "flower"

I actually knew three of the other girls that are SuSu's hula sisters.
One from my class this year,
a friend we've known since she was born,
and a girl from my class last year.
I loved that they had live music!  It always adds so much.
just one little thing missing...a smile.
Afterwards I asked Su if she was nervous and she said "no, she just
didn't want to smile".
I know how that feels.  It was really nice to see these young girls
dance such beautiful hulas.
I'm glad I got to go.

No comments: