Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bringin' it back

A couple of nights ago I went to Waikiki to support a couple of my friends who decided to "bring back some Hawaiian
music to Waikiki".  We had talked about this and I really encouraged them.  I've seen what Waikiki is like with all
the crazy street stuff (that's a whole different post).  These two are professionals just wanting
to make some extra $$.
For the few hours that they were there, it was good fun!  We had all kinds of people stop.

Some singing with them,

 some dancing with them,
 some stopped to play music with them (this uncle was so great, retired HPD, musician, just loves Hawaiian music)

some just glad to be in Hawaii enjoying the music!
They say that they'll go back again because it was so much fun.  I hope so...I'll be there.
Mahalo to Coco and Lei for bringing back
some of the real Hawaii to Waikiki!

ps...I really think that most of Canada are wintering in Hawaii! Everyone I talked to was from Canada.



No comments: