Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Black Pearl

Last week I read in the paper that the ship used in "Pirates of the Caribbean" the "Black Pearl" had been brought to Hawaii. They are going to start filming the next film in the series here within a few months. Since I was going to Target on that side, I decided to see if I could find where they had it moored.
It was funny because a couple of places where I thought it could be, I also kept seeing the same people, doing the same thing I was. When I actually thought about it...it was really easy to find it. Surprised to see how many other people were also there taking pictures.

It's moored down at Kalaeloa, close to Barbers Point. Barbers Point is where the planes make the BIG right turn in their approach to the airport. In this picture, in the background you can see the condos out at Ko'Olina and their boat harbor.
It's actually not that big, I was surprised. It came all this way under it's own power. I'm pretty sure it sailed across.

a close up of the stern (I think that's what it's called)


It really had a pirate flag on it. Also said that it came from Long Beach, CA


some of the people that came out to get a picture. This might have been one of the highlights of their whole vacation!

Pretty Cool!





No comments: