Monday, January 18, 2010

Slow Down...

(Flicker photo)
Come on Southern California drivers...SLOW DOWN!
I just returned from taking hubby to Orange County Airport for a quick business trip to San Fran. On the way back there were four, yes 4, accidents! Could this be because the drivers here refuse to slow down, even when it's pouring???
I've had people tell me that the Hawaii drivers are horrible. I'm not sure if people really understand what "Drive With Aloha" means. I know it can be frustrating coming from a place where people drive so fast. There are times in Hawaii where it rains so hard and the rain is coming straight down, that people actually pull over to the side of the freeway and just wait it out. It will pass pretty fast. Our speed limit on our 50 miles of freeway (in the whole state) is only 50mph and that's ok. We seem to get where we're going just fine.
Seems like driving 75-80mph in the pouring rain just can't be that safe.
note to all So. Calif. drivers: try driving with a little Aloha, you just might like it!

2 comments:

Le Mama! said...

I'm not sure how much rain so cal has had in the last few months, but it seems like when ever the first big rain comes that there are tons of accidents. I know the roads are always a little slicker too because of all the oil etc that has been on the roads then a rain comes and washes it all around. Especially if its been a long time since a heavy rain. I don't miss those days. I hated driving in the rain in so cal. They really don't slow down.

ashley said...

ha ha ha


amen.