Tuesday, December 1, 2009

H3





Last night on my quest for the elusive Zuh Zuh, I went over to Waimanalo. The easiest/fastest way was over the H3. This is the freeway that goes from around Aloha Stadium to Kaneohe and Kailua. Like the Pali Hiway and LikeLike, it goes through the Koolaus. The H3 is different because it's longer and it's actually elevated (see above photos).
When I went over, it was still light and it's such a pretty drive with a breath-taking view of Kaneohe Bay when you come through the tunnel to the windward side. Coming home was a whole different story! There was a really full moon, clear skies, not too much traffic, but...DARK. There are so many stories about this road and why it took so long to build.
All I could think about as I drove through the tunnel and down the road towards home was, just don't let my car stall, or somebody run into the road. Needless to say, I was glad when I got to to the traffic on the H1.
Next time, I think I'll just stick to going over there in the daylight.





No comments: