Sunday, November 8, 2009

Old Time, New Time...what time?

(Flicker photo)

I just returned last night from the mainland, and now my body (and myself) are trying to figure out what time it is. A couple of days after I got to San Clemente, the "time changed". Always throws everyone off trying to remember "fall back, spring forward" or is it the other way around? The good thing is that in the fall it seems like you gain an extra hour of sleep, but if you have kids, it doesn't matter, they wake up anyway!

The first Sunday night in November is horrible...it's dark at 5:00pm, which means your ready for bed about 7pm, which is really 8pm "old time"....

To add to all of this, here in Hawaii we don't change our clocks (like a lot of other places), so now we're 2 hours behind CA, instead of three. This throws off the times for departures in CA...just more confusion.

So, I've been up since 3:30 am, which is 5:30am California "new time" and 6:30am California "old time". No wonder my body is confused!


No comments: