Monday, September 21, 2009

Thunderbirds

Over the weekend, I went with friends to Hickham AFB to see the Thunderbirds and the base's Open House. My friends called to say that the parking was great on the base which worked out great, since we had just been going to go to Lagoon Drive (by the airport) or Ewa to park and watch. We were able to get seats in the bleachers that were set up. It was hot, and no shade, but still great viewing. Thank goodness for stiff trade winds!
The show was great! I had actually seen them the last time they were here and the show was right over Waikiki. I really think that may have been a little bit more impressive since the planes were flying by the hotels and around Diamond Head. This was still a great show and well worth the sunburn I got.
600 miles per hour and inches apart is pretty impressive!







Thanks to the Air Force for the earplugs, bleachers and a great show.




No comments: