Friday, September 25, 2009

First BIG Swell

All night Wednesday night I could hear the surf. If it's big enough and the winds are right we can hear it from our house and that's a sure sign that the surf is pretty big. So Yesterday on my trip into town I went around towards the eastside, instead of the freeway.

The traffic was backed up, so I figured that Lanis put have some size...it did, not much, but I couldn't even take a picture. Chuns was so crowded I couldn't even pull over into a parking spot. Cars lined the road all the way to Pidleys. It was crazy and so many people out. The Bay didn't show anything, but it was picking up the surge, so the water wasn't calm.

Then I came around the bend to this...

This is Three Tables. There were 3 guys out. Couldn't actually see the "tables". It's a pretty dramatic place to watch because it's so close and the rides are pretty short. There really wasn't anyone even watching these guys.

When I got up towards Sunset, I could tell that there must have been something because of the cars parked along the road. Sure enough...


Not too many people out and just a perfect day. Wasn't onshore winds yet, so it was nice...hadn't gotten bumpy.

The farther I went, the windier (is that a word?) it got. The North Shore was definately the place to be yesterday. When I came back around, it was just getting dark and there were still guys out!

1 comment:

ashley said...

my mouth is watering!

can i talk you into meeting me at the beach to watch my girls while i surf this winter? ;)