Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Have Courage and Be Kind...

 I took Emme to see "Cinderella" today.
Her brother didn't want to go "...its for girls!).
This little 4 year old sat through the whole thing.  You could hear
the other little girls talking about different parts of it during the movie.

Hubby and I had gone to see it the other day.  We'd seen so many previews
that he actually wanted to see it!  Must say he really enjoyed it.

I think that I appreciated it even more this time.  I had read about the dress, so
I paid even more attention to it (all those bitsy lights that make it sparkle).  Amazing!


Me said her favorite part was the pumpkin turning into a coach and
all the animals.


I can actually say that the ball dance scene is probably my 
favorite.  I know that the actors worked really hard on that because of the dress.

(so I wonder if Disney will rework all of their Cinderella products to go along with this updated version?) 

I was thinking about the overall theme to the movie.  It's really not "every girl gets a prince".

it's...

even as Cinderella and the Prince are leaving her house, she shows kindness
to her step-mother by forgiving her.

Isn't this what we want for all of girls?
Girls can do anything as long as they have the courage to try.
Kindness is so unselfish.

This are the traits that I want for my granddaughters (even their mothers).

** Emme told me that I couldn't be a Fairy Grandmother, even if I knew all the words,
because I didn't have a magic wand!  well that makes sense.  Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo!




No comments: