Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fall on the North Shore


Fall has come to the North Shore, Oahu.  Yesterday we had rain.  It was a "real" rain that lasted well into the night.  The street and yard are still wet this morning.  We need this rain so bad.  The hills are brown (not California brown) and this rain should help them green up a little.
 The North Shore has had it's first swell of the season, so there is the mist caused by the waves.  This makes looking towards Kaena look hazy.
 Mt. Kaala has more clouds than normal and they don't burn off until late, if they even do then.
I love the little change in the weather, but miss the calm water that makes swimming so nice.

1 comment:

Le Mama! said...

I too miss the calm swimming water. But I do LOVE fall and winter swells and the change in tourists and activities. and I love rain so I'm pretty much happy!