Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tommy

Last week when I was in town, made a point of seeing Tommy. It was his usual golf day, but he was working. I wanted to relay a message for him from Macie. I make him laugh because the only Samoan word I know "talofa". We got to talk about Samoan food and I promised to bring him some as soon as the ulu was in-season.
Just love this guy even after 25+years, the smile is the same. Good times dancing to Kapono on the beach, eating his cooking on Rainbow Dr., laughing at him doing a "slap dance", reading the paper with him in the early morning, him watching over the "Waikiki Princesses", him teaching Geoff to clean up the beach, parties at the beach stand, learning how to eat oysters at Chucks Cellar, Peggy and I driving his car, him laughing at us out in the water, his barefoot golfing and holes-in-one and just all the good times we've shared.
Really do love this Samoan Teddy Bear.

No comments: