Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy 16th DUKES

I was invited to DUKES Waikiki for their 16th anniversay party. I almost didn't go because "all the way into town, it's so far". I'm so glad I went. It's always good to see old friends and some people I didn't expect to see. Bernie, Gary & Lou were greeting people as they came in.



Friends from New York


That smile! Uncle Tommy. I got to try some of my limited knowledge of Samoan on him...he laughs!




Good food and so many people!
I was thinking on the way home. WOW, 16 years!
I still remember:
it being "Smorgeys" (yuck)
Asking the beachboys for their input on the design
Meeting Brett
Funerals
Weddings
partys on the lower patio
Breakfast buffet
Lunch buffet
not so much for dinner
putting lei on the pictures on the wall
kanakapila at the round table
dancing hula more than once there
Hula Pie yellow plates *hehehehe
Traci & Susanne stools
Tommy cooking ulu in the kitchen
loud football
Hula Pie (the real one) melting on the beach
Lois & Stacey first timers
Sunday afternoon watching the people dance to Kapono
Dancing on the beach with Tommy to Kapono
Love to take friends there for the first time, just to see how special it is
just too much fun and too many memories.
Thanks Dukes!




No comments: